Sunday, July 24, 2011

PRE DIABETES AND OVERWEIGHT: MEDIA LIES AND YOUR WEIGHT LOSS


“Pre diabetes and overweight” was what my doctor said as he looked at my test results 8 months ago. I was not very fat at all but I did need to lose about 20 pounds. I have discovered a lot on my diet journey

As I read the latest obesity statistics and see the media portrayal of us as fat slobs I have to shake my head. Most people who have Pre diabetes and overweight issues are not in McDonald’s 24 hours a day. We have a weight problem and this is an illness

The media coverage of obesity is horrible, there is so much misinformation out there it is scary. I think there is a media campaign against people with type 2 diabetes and who carry some extra fat. If you are overweight (as I was and i still battle weight issues) do not listen to the media smear campaign

You can very much reverse type 2 diabetes and obesity as I have. I am not 100 percent where I want to be but I am on my way

There seems to be a sneaky joy that the media gets in making fun of fat people. They often picture the fattest people they can find in obesity stories. The image the media leaves the viewer with is that those overweight are dumb/fat with no self control

1)Food is a pleasure and I enjoy it completely.

2)I will not feel guilty about eating. Guilty about ENJOYING food leads to eating disorders

“Pre diabetes and overweight” was what my doctor labeled me but my bigger problem started with his diabetic medications

Those who read this site know that diabetes medications caused me swollen legs and a heart problem. I will not take diabetes drugs again

Some good news...My current diet is working. I have been on the Spirit Happy diet plan for the last 6 months and I have (SO FAR) reversed my diabetes( I am not longer pre diabetic but i am still watching my blood sugar) my AC1 is 6.0 and I have lost about 18 pounds as of today. I will report my progress on this diet in a future post. My current diet can be seen here pre diabetes overweight



Be wise to the media campaign against those who battle weight issues like I do. Remember you can take control and lose the weight and pre diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment